Tuesday, April 14, 2009

my new novel

I've almost reached 10k! It's coming along quite nice but I see some holes I will need to fill. I read a lot about pacing and I see where I need to fix some things. There will be many small battles throughout this book but toward the end there is a huge battle. I want my readers to feel it coming and be afraid. I want them to have tension build up in them. I want them to feel for my characters whose lives are at stake. I know how to do that now so I'm going to get to work on that. I like to edit as I write because I am known to deviate from the main story. Here's an example. I finished my first YA a few months back. It was nothing like the outline I wrote for it. It started that way but somewhere along the line, the plot change completely. Don't know how that happened. I made an outline of this one but it's flexible.

0 comments: